How to ask a prashna (Question) through Horary Astrology
Prashna or asking a question is an advanced technique of astrology, which is employed in special circumstances and which can throw light under any situation requiring astrological consultation. In a moment of crisis when you need to take an immediate decision, in a business situation that requires prompt action or a personal crisis in which you require guidance as soon as possible. In all these situations and many more, prashna is a tool of immense value.
Our traditional classics on prashna say that one should approach an able astrologer, truthfully and sincerely, without any intention to test or make fun of the astrologer or astrology. A querist must have a strong urge to ask a question to alleviate those anxieties, which are troubling him at that moment.
A querist should go to an astrologer, preferably in the morning, taking some fruits or flowers as his offering, facing or standing in the east direction, praying to God, ask one question which is his foremost anxiety at that moment. In the present era of Internet and distances, there still are certain rules of asking a prashna without which the very basis of prashna gets vitiated and may lead to wrong interpretation and results.
These rules, in brief are:
You must have a strong urge to ask a question pertaining to the worry or anxiety at the moment when you ask the question.
1. You must ask one question, which should be clear and straightforward.
2. The question must not be repeated to the same or any other astrologer until and unless some development has already taken place after the earlier reading and a need for a fresh question has arisen.
3. You must ask a question giving full details of your birth data for the purpose of correlation of your birth chart dasha and influences.
4. Even if you do not have your birth data, astrology through its magical technique of prashna can still help you. Hence you can ask your question stating clearly therein that you do not have your birth data, if that is the case.
5. As the conduct and outcome of a prashna is based on divine blessings, be guided by the reading of an astrologer with faith and humility.
Note: Mr. Deepak Kapoor is a renowned astrologer and author of Internationally acclaimed book “Prashna Shastra – Scientific applications of Horary Astrology” in two volumes.
Hello Mr Kapoor,
I am very happy to take consultations from you. Most of what you
indicated did happen and I have always followed your suggestions and
remedies you have suggested. Below, I
am cutting and pasting some of the past predictions and all have come
1. With your focus, your hard work and a proper astrological remedy, all
put together, I feel you will be able to complete your desired course by
2007. Thereafter you
should forget your studies and get on with your life in a very well
--- Yes, I will be finishing in 2007.
2. I don't think that you will do MBA in the next five years or so which
I am seeing.
--- Yes there was no MBA in these years... you gave
this reading in 2003 and
there will not be any MBA in the next couple of years.
3. Your chart reveals that there are bound to be some difference of
opinion in marriage which is very normal between any two healthy human
beings. In your case I would
still suggest that a proper astrological matching should be done before
you decide or finalize your match. If you marry after mid 2006, then
many of these concerns will
With proper astrological matching and remedies, you may
have a smooth marriage.
--- As per your prediction and
suggestion, I did not think about
marriage etc till now, nor did it happen!
4. I feel that at least upto mid 2005 you may continue with your studies
uninterruptedly and thereafter the circumstances may make you defer or
postpone or discontinue your
studies for some time as the case may be.
--- Very true. I
studied till 2005, and then deferred my studies till now. 2005-2006 was
spent on working out a venture
which though did not work out, was a good learning, professional
5. The intricate indications of the chart also reveals that if you
venture into this proposed business model, then you will incur losses
and hence it is advisable that you
stay away from this completely however strong the motivating factors may
---I did not pursue this opportunity at all. I had strong
motivating factors, but i
resisted which I am glad I did as I did my due diligence and the venture
was not that rosy as the promoters had painted! I have to thank you for
saving my dad's money!
6. I am very happy that you did accept my earlier advice and did not
invest in that business three or four months back and have gone to
complete the studies. This will pave
the way for you future endeavors well.
From another report : In this attempt to look a bit far into your
future, I can also see that your connection with foreign linkages and
enterprises will be there in your
eventual business set up. Hence your vision for global participation and
markets should also be cultivated.
--- I am seeing that my future
endeavors will have
roots/connections/linkages with my decision to come here and study. I am
already seeing some kind of linkages to foreign sources and companies
and am creating that vision
for global markets.
So, most of what you have predicted/indicated is shown. This is a
triumph of both a capable astrologer as well as astrology. I hope this
pattern of my life can help you
predict in the future with correct timings.
When I began, I used to consult many as many things what others said
were too general and thus unsatisfactory. It is my good luck to have
found you. As you have seen, I
have had too many lows and sometimes few highs, I hope I will stabilize
and realize my big ambitions!
A big Thanks!
Click here for more>>